Last Updated on January 1, 2023 by Construction Digest
Finding high quality well-maintained Construction Job Boards isn’t easy.
However, in this guide you’ll discover 6 construction job boards that have access to thousands of construction professionals.
One of the hardest tasks for a human resources department is attracting, sourcing, and recruiting suitable candidates for open vacancies.
It’s not enough to simply be qualified and have done a job. You need to have an up-to-date skill set in order to achieve better results.
Well, if you’re looking for the perfect candidate for a job opening, there are thousands of online jobs platforms in which you can post your job, but you get the best candidates from industry-specific job boards.
You don’t want to waste your time and resources with unqualified candidates.
Top 6 Job Boards for Construction Industry
One thing you’ll notice immediately about this construction job board is that it’s very simple and easy to use. Each job is handpicked and manually reviewed which means job seekers are getting access to great job offers in the industry.
Another great thing that separates this job board from the others on this list is that if a job seeker didn’t find any jobs in their city, the job seeker can submit a request and the GoConstructionJobs team will find jobs to match your skills in your area.
Construction companies and recruiters have a great talent pool to access from this platform as it is focused mainly on the US market.
A great platform to hire a construction professional. This portal offers two pricing plans which you can choose from as per your recruitment needs. On top of this, on this site, you can also find candidates based on distinct categories and regions.
Custom job board packages are offered to allow users to hire for ad banner placement, resume database access, elite employer indexing amongst others.
A popular recruitment platform for the construction industry. To publish jobs on this platform, you need to opt for the 30-day custom plan.
This plan allows you to post multiple job openings. You can also avail additional services like unlimited resume search, banner ads, etc. This job site helps you to find suitable candidates for various positions from a large pool of talent. It also saves you from the hassle of posting on multiple sites.
This is a great platform for hiring building designers to labor construction workers. It offers a wide range of pricing plans. You can choose one of their plans. Once you publish your job posting, it also gets shared to their partner websites which improve the visibility of your posting and increase candidate flow.
This job board is a great place for jobs and resumes for anyone in the alternative energy, homeland security, and manufacturing industries. If you post a job or resume here, you can expect to receive targeted applicants for those fields.
Even though indeed isn’t a construction specific job board, it is the world’s leading job site for people seeking jobs.
The site offers a full suite of employment-related products and services. With multiple pricing options, you can choose the best option that’s suitable for your company. Indeed offers employers a strong branding experience and hires the best candidates.
So, What Are The Best Construction Worker Job Boards In The US?
If you want to make sure you’re getting high quality applicants from the construction professionals make sure to post your jobs on sites such as:
Skills A Construction Professional Should Have
As a construction professional, you will need to have a wide range of skills and knowledge in order to be successful. Here are some of the key skills and knowledge you should have:
1. Knowledge of construction methods and materials: As a construction professional, you will need to have a good understanding of different construction methods and materials. This will enable you to choose the most suitable methods and materials for each project.
2. Strong project management skills: Construction projects can be complex and challenging to manage. Therefore, as a construction professional, you will need to have strong project management skills. This includes being able to effectively plan, organise and oversee construction projects.
3. Good communication and interpersonal skills: As a construction professional, you will need to be able to effectively communicate with clients, suppliers and other members of the construction team. This includes being able to clearly explain technical information. In addition, you will need to be able to build good working relationships with others.
4. Problem-solving skills: Construction projects often encounter problems. Therefore, as a construction professional, you will need to be able to identify and solve problems. This includes being able to troubleshoot and find creative solutions.
5. Commercial awareness: As a construction professional, you will need to have a good understanding of the construction industry and the different factors that can affect a construction project. This includes being aware of commercial risks and opportunities.
6. Health and safety knowledge: As a construction professional, you will need to have a good understanding of health and safety regulations. This includes being aware of potential hazards and how to control them.
How Can I Find A Great Construction Employee?
The most important thing when looking to hire an employee is to completely understand the exact tasks you need to be done. Explain the job requirements in detail. Don’t be vague as that can be a turn off for job seekers.
Then, you can submit your job advertisement to online job boards, focusing on those focused on your area.